Learning a Language

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Owen, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Owen

Owen Only Slightly Useless Staff Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Over a few years I have wanted to learn a new language and really want to start soon. I know that some in this community are currently learning a language and for some English isn't their first language (if this is you... Well done, you have learnt one of the most irritating languages).

So I was wondering if you lot have any good tips for my new language adventure.

2. Kieran

Kieran Mr Moneybags Staff Member

Dec 25, 2016
  3. The

The Master of the House Staff Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Choose Latin, it's highly regular and good fun too. The patterns have always been a joy to me, and you get such a good grasp of English and other languages derived from it, as well as all the fancy grammatical terms :emoji_yum:

Ok, maybe not the most obvious choice for most people :emoji_yum:

4. Copy Cat Master

Copy Cat Master

Jan 2, 2017
    No! Bad @Kieran . Whatever you do never try to learning other languages with youtube video or google/internet since they do not teach all of it like the grammar & etc. Go to school scrub!

5. Owen

Owen Only Slightly Useless Staff Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I few points here

1- Do you seriously know Latin xD
    2- I know what language I wanna learn I just want some tips in learning a new language :emoji_yum:

6. The

The Master of the House Staff Member

Dec 26, 2016
    1) non mihi ut cum Romano dicere possim credis? (Do you not believe me that I can speak with a Roman?)

2) For me I have to try and understand the language and how it works, how it is formed, how the words contract etc. I doubt it works for most people though.