Important Member Titles

Discussion in 'Questions and Suggestions' started by The, Dec 30, 2016.

1. The

The Master of the House Staff Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Instead of a Member of the Month competition, Gravity chooses to recognise the dedication that a member has put into the site by a custom title. Much like @The or @Kieran have their own titles beneath their avatar, the winner of this competition receives their own personalised equivalent. This is completely staff chosen and run, but occasionally we may let members have a vote based on a similar system.

The competition isn’t run consistently, since it can only be achieved by exceptional dedication or fame in a particular aspect of the site. Thus, the competition changes every time, so there is no 'right' way to go about winning it. In fact, attempting to do so will probably limit your chances more. This competition is why members cannot choose their own custom titles, as that would then spoil the fun! Any questions you have can be left in this topic.

Good luck!

2. zbug

zbug Frogs

Jan 2, 2017
    Now is this title kept forever and can you give examples on like what type of titles you can get from winning?

3. The

Dec 26, 2016
    Forever is a long time, and to be honest, I've no idea what Gravity will be like in the future. I'm not going to confim for certain whether they actually are forever, but I will say that they're longterm - you won't receive one for a month or something like that. They are meant to represent achievement, so removing them seems a little harsh.

As for type, I mentioned my own and @Kieran has one too. The idea is that they're different for each person, so each time they're one they're going to be unique. I can't really be more specific than that because I've no idea who will come up with something memorable here that warrants one (maybe @tazdevil1 can get one for persevering in trying to beat me at chess :emoji_yum: ).

4. tazdevil1

tazdevil1

Jan 2, 2017
    For the record, we've only ever played 2 games, I won the first one so we're at a tie...for now. :emoji_wink:

To keep this post on topic, I'd like to say that that doesn't even have anything to do with the forum, so do only forum achievements count? What about Discord?

5. Copy Cat Master

Copy Cat Master

Jan 2, 2017
    @The - "Forever" as in as long this current forum survive. New forum = new starts.

zbug likes this.
  6. The

Dec 26, 2016
    A hard one to judge, so again, it'll be down to specific situations. My gut reaction is that it'll have to have some relevance to the forum for it to be applicable. We can set nicknames in Discord anyway, so there's always the chance of shorter term ones too :emoji_wink: