Completed Place for guides?

Discussion in 'Questions and Suggestions' started by zbug, Jan 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zbug

zbug Frogs

Jan 2, 2017
    Since we are basing this on gaming why not have a place for guides / tutorials for all the different type of games (or even tutorials on how to stream)?

2. The

The Master of the House Staff Member

Dec 26, 2016
    It's not something that I'd thought about purely because I'm not sure how much use it'd get. Specific games might lead to the odd tutorial or walkthrough, but what use they are in a place like this seems limited. The idea of streaming tutorials, or that kind of guide at least, is more plausible to me, but again, how much use would such a section generate for it?

I think my verdict is that for now, I don't want to introduce such a section. The idea of consolidation to gaming was because forums were sitting empty for long periods of time. You can argue that a guides forum falls into just such a category, but I disagree. I'm thrilled that people want to write guides for Gravity, but until enough material is present for it to warrant a separate section, I'm going to veto the motion. At this time I'm happy for you to put them into the General Gaming section and there's a good chance we can spotlight them occasionally when we have a slow review month :emoji_wink:

tazdevil1 likes this.
  3. Owen

Owen Only Slightly Useless Staff Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I think the current plan is to keep the structure as it is. We don't want to spread content behind more doors than its worth, it will be irritating to manage and use.

If a topic becomes popular enough I'm all up for making its own section.

The likes this.
  4. Copy Cat Master

Copy Cat Master

Jan 2, 2017
    Yeah like past forums. Maybe we should wait for more members before adding more section. For now I think it good enough to post all those stuff in General Gaming section.

The likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.